Malthouse & Summer Terms & Conditions
It is important that we clarify expectations prior to agreeing your order. Please take some time to read the terms and conditions set out below. Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
1. Consultation – The initial consultation is free of charge within a 25 mile radius of BN43 6RG. This initial meeting is used to understand your requirements, the scope of the work required, to provide advice where required and to take measurements in order to create bespoke products.
2. Quote – A full quote will be provided shortly after our initial consultation, which will detail the cost of each item to be provided. Quotes are valid for 60 days from when they are sent to you.
3. Deposit – A deposit of 50% of the agreed quote is required to secure your order. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Bank details are stated below. Please note that this deposit is non-refundable, as it will be used to order supplies specific to your bespoke job requirements.
4. Fitting – We work with an independent professional fitting service for window tracks, poles and blinds. We take no responsibility for fixings supplied by our client. Please note that if during fitting, defects or weaknesses are found in current fixings which need to be rectified, this will be chargeable to you, our client.
5. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for incorrect measurements taken or quality of fabrics or hardware supplied by you, our client.
6. Lead time – Turnaround time is generally 6 weeks from the deposit being received. Please be aware however, that most products are bespoke and therefore the size of the order and busy times may mean that this estimated time may change. We are unable to book any time until the deposit for work has been received.
7. We regret that we are unable to use fabrics supplied by our clients, save for rare circumstance (historic or sentimental value)
8. We carry full Public Liability Insurance.
9. Final payment – A written invoice will be provided which details the cost of each item, the total order cost and the amount of any deposit or interim payment already received and the final balance to be paid. Final payment is due upon presentation of the invoice, on collection or delivery of the completed item(s). All goods remain the property of Malthouse and Summer until payment is received in full.
MAKE IT SAFE: Please note that internal window blind cords and chains can pose a risk to babies, small children and pets who could injure or strangle themselves on looped operating cords and chains All of our blinds are supplied with child safety devices. It is our strong recommendation that they are always fitted as advised.