Terms and Conditions
It is important that we clarify expectations prior to agreeing your order. Please take some time to read the terms and conditions set out below. Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
1. Consultation – The initial consultation is free of charge within a 15 mile radius of GU7 3BB. This initial meeting is used to understand your requirements, the scope of the work required, to provide advice where required and to take measurements in order to create bespoke products. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for measurements taken or quality of fabrics supplied by you, our client.
2. Quote – A full quote will be provided shortly after our initial consultation, which will detail the cost of each item to be provided. Quotes are valid for 60 days from when they are sent to you.
3. Deposit – A deposit of 50% of the agreed quote is required to secure your order. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Bank details are stated below. Please note that this deposit is non-refundable, as it will be used to order supplies specific to your bespoke job requirements.
4. Fitting – We are happy to recommend an independent professional fitting service for window tracks, poles and blinds. The contract for the work and the payment, is made directly with the fitter.
5. Lead time – Turnaround time is generally 6 weeks from the deposit being received. Please be aware however, that most products are bespoke and therefore the size of the order and busy times may mean that this estimated time may change.
6. Installation – Although we do not fit tracks and poles, we like to ensure that your new curtains and/or blinds look their best. We will therefor hang and dress your new items at no extra charge.
7. Final payment – A written invoice will be provided which details the cost of each item, the total order cost and the amount of any deposit or interim payment already received and the final balance to be paid. Final payment is due upon presentation of the invoice, on collection or delivery of the completed item(s). All goods remain the property of Malthouse and Summer until payment is received in full.
Cheques Malthouse and Summer
Bank Transfer Bank: Lloyds
Account Name: Malthouse and Summer
Sort Code: 30-93-49
Account No: 33773068
MAKE IT SAFE: Please note that internal window blind cords and chains can pose a risk to babies, small children and pets who could injure or strangle themselves on looped operating cords and chains All of our blinds are supplied with child safety devices. It is our strong recommendation that they are always fitted.
Malthouse and Summer
8 Summers Road, Godalming, GU7 3BB
T: 01483 385763 M: 07552 102971